OEP Asia brings together a team of multilingual professionals in education planning, partnership-building, school design, financial modelling, marketing and student enrolment to ensure our clients make well-informed decisions in the development, expansion and marketing of their schools.
Our expertise includes:
- Building partnerships between education companies, school groups and investors.
- Research and recommendations on business models including JVs, acquisition or licensing.
- Campus architecture (planning, design, new build and/or expansion to existing sites.
- Financial planning and payment structures (tuition fees, capital levies, debentures).
- School audits and risk management planning: how to improve or respond to market changes.
- Advice on product development (curriculum, age groups etc) and fit-for-purpose to local market.
- Advice on School Management and/or Customer Relationship Management software and registration processes.
- Develop market positioning, customer segmentation (B2B/B2C) and new brand launch strategies.
- Develop student enrolment strategies; planning, tactical actions and training; sales pipeline forecasting.
- Organise outreach events (roadshows, official openings, parent information sessions) and sponsorships.
- Manage website development, social media, digital campaigns, newsletters and brochures, and any in-bound marketing channels.
- Provide recommendations on school vendors (transport, lunch, uniform, security etc).
- Develop parent, staff, employee and student surveys; preparing recommendations based on the results.
- Advise on growth marketing potential and 3-5 year post-launch planning (building, section-planning, accreditations, track record, alumni, ECAs).
Our senior associates have extensive experience working with education groups and financial partners in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Thailand and Malaysia. These include senior leadership roles for new campus openings for Nord Anglia Education, International College Hong Kong, the French International School and Stamford American.
We have consulted on projects for Cognita, Maple Leaf Schools, ESOL Education, Bright Scholar Education, the Australian International School and HELP University Campus, Malaysia.
Meet the Team
Founder & Director
Founding partner of the Cannizaro group, an asset management and advisory business, Richard is a graduate of Balliol College (MA Oxon) and holds a Diploma in Financial Strategy from the Said Business School. A long-term Hong Konger, and father to two daughters, Richard has both a personal and professional interest in the value to students and young adults of a broad and internationally-focused learning style.
Founder & Director
Alastair Altham is a Founder and Director of Online Education Partnership Ltd. He is also a partner in Cannizaro Capital Partners LLP and Executive Chairman of J.W. Greaves and Sons Ltd. He is based in London, but travels frequently to oversee various businesses in which he is involved. Alastair brings an in depth knowledge of corporate governance and specialist marketing skills to the Board of Directors.
Rebecca has lived and worked in Hong Kong and Beijing for more than twenty years. Rebecca has been immersed in international education overseeing the launch of two international schools in Hong Kong. She has a keen knowledge of international curricula and acts as a trusted advisor on education management to individuals and corporates. Rebecca graduated from the University of Sussex with a BA Hons in Law.
Cathy Au Yeung
Client Services Manager
Cathy is responsible for the efficient planning and scheduling of tutorials for our students around the world. She speaks and writes Mandarin, Cantonese and English fluently and has worked in the customer service and communications for 15 years, giving her a strong understanding of anticipating and answering client enquiries. Cathy graduated from Lingnan University with a BA in Translation.
Director, Education Development
Carol has lived and worked in Hong Kong, China, Tokyo and Taipei. With over 20 years of experience in strategic business and marketing planning, digital and customer service, she has extensive knowledge on how to support schools to thrive. Carol graduated with an MBA from Henley Management College and a Modern Chinese Studies degree from the University of Leeds.