Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as a user of our website at www.oepasia.com (“Website”). Any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” or “OEP” is to Online Education Partnership Limited.
This policy only applies to the collection of personal information by us and the use of that personal information by us and those whom we authorise. It does not cover third party websites to which we provide links, nor does it cover advertisers. They may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use.
By clicking and checking on the ‘I accept’ tick box, you accept the terms of this policy. Please note that we may update and amend the privacy and cookies policy from time to time and any changes will be posted on the Website. If you do not agree with any of our policy then you should not use or allow your student to use the Website.
These terms may be translated into other languages. If there is any inconsistency between the English version of these terms and another language’s version of these terms, the English version of these terms shall prevail.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information that you or, if applicable, your student provides by, for example, filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and order services from our Website, subscribing to our email newsletters or requesting further services (whether for you or, if applicable, your student). We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you or, if applicable, your student contacts us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your or, if applicable, your student’s visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Occasionally we may receive information about you or, if applicable, your student from other sources (such as schools) which we will add to the personal information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide services.
We may collect information about your or, if applicable, your student’s computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website (see section entitled “Cookies and other such devices” below).
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use personal information about you or, if applicable, your student to help us provide you and, if applicable, your student with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your or, if applicable, your student’s needs.
Your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information may be used by us to:
- process any orders you may make and/or provide services;
- monitor, develop and improve the Website, services and your or, if applicable, your student’s experience;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, your student (if applicable) and your computer;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you and, if applicable, your student to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- provide webinars and tutorials to you, store such webinars and tutorials and publish such webinars and tutorials on platforms like Youtube;
- keep our Website safe and secure;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you or, if applicable, your student;
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where and only where requested by you we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone or mail about existing and new services and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by e-mail, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt-out at a later date. To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information that we collect from you and, if applicable, your student may be stored on servers in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including cloud providers for example, by us using the Amazon Web Services, Inc. platform. The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in and outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating in and outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy. However, please note, once we transfer your personal information outside Hong Kong, it may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities in such jurisdiction(s).
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, AMENDING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you or, if applicable, your student (unless it is exempt in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)) . If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at 1202, Block C, Sea View Estate, 8 Watson Road, North Point, Hong Kong. We are entitled to charge a reasonable fee to administer such request.
Where you register your or, if applicable, your student’s details for certain services (for example, our email newsletter) and/or open a user account that you can then use to log on and order services, you may change or update your or, if applicable, your student’s user name and password or other details at any time via your or, if applicable, your student’s account. You must make sure that you update your or, if applicable, your student’s details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
We will only store your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information for as long as we deem reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this privacy and cookies policy. If, in the interim, you would like us to permanently delete your or, if applicable, your student’s personal information please contact us to request this at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Online Education Partnership Limited, 1202, Bloack C, Sea View Estate, 8 Watson Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
COOKIES AND OTHER SUCH DEVICES
We may obtain information about your and, if applicable, your student’s general internet usage by using device fingerprinting and/or a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your or, if applicable, your student’s computer or other similar devices. Cookies contain a small amount of information that is transferred to a computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
- allow you or, if applicable, your student to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you or, if applicable, your student to access stored information;
- help us recognise you or, if applicable, your student as a unique visitor when you or, if applicable, your student return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your or, if applicable, your student’s preferred interests or to avoid showing you or, if applicable, your student the same adverts repeatedly
- help us to personalise our content for you or, if applicable your student, greet you (or, if applicable, your student) by name and remember your or, if applicable, your student’s preferences (for example, your choice of language);
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
Other cookies outside of our control:
We may from time to time use external services such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ or YouTube, to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
Like many other organisations, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our Website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to our Website.
- Monitoring the number of users on our Website at any given time.
- Analysing popular content on our Website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See this link for how to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
You can disable cookies from applying. Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may disclose your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for the purposes specified in the section “HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU”.
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if OEP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about you or, if applicable, your student will be one of the transferred assets;
- we may pass your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information to our employees, consultants (such as our tutors) and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- we may pass your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information to our partners including, without limitation, Online Education Partnership Limited, Amazon Web Services, Inc. and Cloudthing Limited to enable them to provide hosting and support services on our behalf and for the purposes specified in the section “HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU” or otherwise in connection with the operation of our business;
- some general statistical information about the Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (such as our suppliers, partners or advertisers) but these details will not include information personally identifying you or your student; and
We may provide third parties with aggregate, anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 45 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate, anonymised information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We do not pass or sell your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled “How do we use information about you?” is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your or, if applicable, your student’s personal information unless you yourself choose to contact them.
Always think carefully before disclosing your or, if applicable, allowing your student to disclose their personal information or other information to other users of the Website or otherwise posting your personal information on the Website. It is important that you are aware that any of your or, if applicable, your student’s personal information or other information which you or, if applicable, your student discloses to another user may then be disclosed on the Website by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of the Website.
Security/how do we protect your information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your and, if applicable, your student’s personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we may make to this privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
This privacy and cookies policy was last updated on November 11th 2015.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.
LAW AND Jurisdiction
The Hong Kong courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website although we both retain the right to bring proceedings against each other for breach of this privacy and cookies policy in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
This privacy and cookies policy and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.